Please set aside some time on Saturday, April 16th from 9:00am to 2:00pm, and join your neighbors as volunteers for the most worthy event.
As in years past we’ll be collecting trash:
- On Lot 39 waterfront park
- Along Piscataway Creek shoreline towards Fort Washington Marina
- Along Piscataway Creek shoreline towards Route 210 overpass (again this year’s emphasis – volunteers are needed to park/walk in from 210)
- On Piscataway Creek island
Gloves, trash bags, and water transportation will be provided, as well as morning coffee & donuts and an afternoon hotdog BBQ lunch.
If walking along Piscataway Creek shoreline picking up trash is not “your thing”, we also need volunteers to:
- Help sign in other volunteers
- Record trash items collected
- Transport trash collected to Fort Washington Marina
- BBQ chef for afternoon lunch
- Take pictures of our trash bounty and heroic efforts
Hope to see you April 16th!
For more information, contact event coordinators Deborah Kutzled or Dave Lishin.
Kris Ran Court resident Stephanie Yankey enjoys our community’s access to Piscataway Creek and the Potomac River, but she doesn’t like to go out in her kayak alone. So she is seeking other Piscataway Hills residents with kayaks or canoes to join her in weekend or evening boating outings.
“I just don’t like to go by myself,” Stephanie said recently, explaining that boating in groups of two or more is better for both safety and companionship. It’s more fun, she said, to have someone “to go with and talk with.”
Stephanie keeps a kayak at the canoe rack at Lot 39 Waterfront Park and hopes that regular boating trips will encourage more people to make use of the amenity. She believes the $20 annual storage fee for PHCA members is well worth the cost.
Anyone who is interested in getting together for boating excursions can contact Stephanie. Those without a kayak may be able to borrow one.
There are still open slots available for helping to keep our neighborhood looking good. If you can lend a helping hand, take a look at the Piscataway Drive Trash Cleanup Committee Schedule and contact Etrulia Lee (or leave a comment).